"Trust yourself and remember to always be proud of your achievements."

 

This week we had the pleasure to meet and greet Kevin Farrugia, a well known name in the bodybuilding and fitness sector in Malta. Kevin is an advance trainer and coaches athletes for bodybuilding and fitness contests. While we were talking with Kevin, we could easily tell how much he loves to inspire others and help them out achieve their goals. We managed to get a few tips how to keep motivate and plan training sessions for an entire week. 




 

How did you start your fitness journey?

It all started when I was 19 years old and decided to join a gym. My main aim was to make a change in my body as I was very unhappy with the way I looked.

 

What made you choose bodybuilding over other sports?

When I started my fitness journey, I was very skinny, weak and most of all I had low self-esteem. I really hated that,  I was willing to do whatever it takes to make a change in my life. Bodybuilding helped me achieve all this and more. Every single day, I was motivated to give my very best to reach my goals and started to feel more confident and believe in myself.  Back then I looked up to Greg Plitt, a legendary top fitness model at that time. Till today I am still inspired and motivated by his journey.



How many times a week do you train? Can you share with us how you plan your weekly training sessions?

I dedicate 5-6 times a week to train and perform a split routine program. At the beginning of the week, I start with my weakest point which happen to be legs, on Tuesday I train the chest followed by a back training session on Wednesday. Most of the time Thursday is my day or I just hit some ab exercises. Friday is dedicated to shoulders and I finish off on a Saturday with a training session for the arms. Arms are my strongest point. Sunday is a completely day off so that I give my body the time to recover.

 

What is your greatest accomplishment in your fitness journey?

In 2016 I competed in my first physique competition where I placed with top three amongst fifteen athletes, in 2017 I competed again and placed second amongst ten athletes. Back in 2012, I achieved the best physique title in modelling.

 





Do you keep the same eating plan all year round or do you go through bulking and shredding periods?

As I like to be in shape all year round, I try to keep the same eating plan. This helps me to not make any drastic changes if I happen to have a physique photoshoot or any other related event. However, there are periods when I increase slightly my calories to gain some more exercise while keep a lean body shape.


What is your opinion about healthy food? Can you share with us a favourite snack you take when you are on a hurry?

Healthy food for me is vital. If you want to look good and feel strong there is no other way then to eat clean and healthy. Junk food will make you feel lethargic and unhealthy. I always keep in mind and remind others that you need to eat to fuel your body not to satisfy an appetite.

My favourite food when on a hurry is a handful of nuts and a plain Greek yogurt.

 

Do you agree that abs are made in the kitchen?

Yes, definitely abs are made in the kitchen. If you don’t follow a good diet, you will get a layer of fat around your abs and they will not show. You still need to train your abs for a strong core but a proper diet is what works to keep your abs at point.

 

Do you enjoy a cheat meal here and there? What is your favourite treat?

Yes, I do enjoy a cheat meal weekly. It feels like a reward for all the hard work I put throughout the week. Apart from that it shocks my body system. As a cheat I would probably opt for a pizza as it is one of my favourite meals.




 

We would like you to send a message to our followers who are thinking to start a healthy lifestyle.

"It is never too late to start this journey. All you must do is take the first step towards a better lifestyle and keep going. Everyday give your 110% as effort. If it feels like you are failing when you embark on this journey, it is normal, just pick yourself up and try again. That is how a winning mindset is achieved. Set your mind with the right attitude and never be a quitter.

My advice is to trust yourself and remember to always be proud of your achievements, keep going and do not let anything stop you from reaching your goals."



Thank you Kevin for accepting our invitation to share with us your fitness journey, we at Balanced Bites wish you all the very best for your future. Keep up all the hard work you put in helping others achieve their fitness goals. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. I have been training with Kevin for the past few years and he has always made sure I had proper form and challenged me to improve myself in a safe way and without injuries. Kevin is living proof of sheer determination and will power. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts