Life isn't perfect, but your bikini can be!




Between preferences in style, fit and even colour, the fact that no two bodies are alike, there's obviously not one bikini that is the perfect fit for everyone, when buying off the rack! but instead with a few details combined, you can have a swimsuit that you're completely comfortable in. 

After all, feeling confident at the beach and rocking our swim wear, is what most of us actually need, instead of striving to constantly improve our body to be able to hit the beach. 

These are only a few tips I learnt from the wonderful local and international bikini, swimwear & active wear designer Dana Carmont. Whilst we were sipping coffee, I was showing her a few of my pictures in bikini and pointing out body defects, even though some of them were taken, when I was in my best shape ever. 

She stopped me right there and showed me some defects in my bikinis instead. Something which I would have never thought about and would have continued to blame my body for. My body shape was not showing its best sides in the bikinis. I randomly bought from various shops, partially because of the fabric they were made of and also because of the style I had chosen.

It did not stop there...

She challenged me that although I had gained a few pounds since those pictures, if she made me a tailor made bikini I would totally feel more comfortable in my kinis...as she calls them.

The challenge was accepted and immediately she started creating my kinis....I had no say !

Few weeks later she popped by with a red bikini ...I totally panicked as I always thought that red was not my colour...even the style she had chosen for me, I would have never dared myself to even give it a try...anyway what was left, was to put it on and see if she was right or not. 

As I put my red kinis on, I was so happy...she was totally right...the style and colour for a bikini, needs to be chosen by an expert. I felt so confident and happy, as if I were one of those girls you see on social media.

From that day on wards, I have never bought any beach wear randomly, I just go to the expert herself and she always amazes me with new styles, new fabrics and ideas.


So next time you are choosing your bikini or swimsuit, don't spend a fortune buying general branded bikinis. These shops design their swimwear for manikins,with one style fit all. Put more effort and go to an expert. She will mix styles for you and produce your personalised kinis in no time. Not only you will get a unique bikini but believe me you feel like rocking the beach instead of hiding underneath a towel as soon as you get out of water. 

Dana Carmont is situated in Hamrun Malta and creates all kind of bikinis, swimwear and active wear for both men and women. She has dressed famous bi kini models such as Ashley Katleiweisser, Michelle Lewin & Emily Skye to name a few. So if you need a bikini for your next comp or for your next beach holiday..she is the woman for you. Thank you Dana, for your time, help and support!



Comments